TimeLine Theatre Company is seeking candidates for the part-time position of Bookkeeper.
TimeLine Theatre Company, recipient of the 2016 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions, is a Chicago not-for-profit theatre company with an annual budget that will exceed $2 million in 2019-20. Over 22 seasons dedicated to presenting stories that explore today’s social and political issues through the lens of the past, the company has garnered more than 50 awards for artistic excellence and business management. Now TimeLine is preparing for our next chapter with a capital campaign to establish a new home, renovating a historic building in Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood.
About The Position
TimeLine Theatre Company’s Bookkeeper is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position responsible for maintaining TimeLine’s financial records on a daily basis, internal financial control/communication, and database maintenance. The Bookkeeper is a part-time hourly position with some flexibility in scheduling. They report to TimeLine’s General Manager.
- Oversight of all Accounts Payable, including: tracking and paying vendors, coding all payments to chart of accounts in QuickBooks, monthly credit card reconciliations and check requests
- Creation/maintenance of personnel files
- Coordination of internal department reconciliations
- Vendor communication/contract maintenance
- Oversee and process weekly Actor’s Equity Association union liability payments (Health, P&W)
- Maintenance of TimeLine’s weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial obligations
- Follow financial best practices as outlined in internal policy and procedure documents and maintain GAAP standards
- Monitor balance sheet and P&L for accuracy
- Support General Manager in oversight of chart of accounts
- Review and order office supplies in consult with staff needs, as needed
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Year-round, part-time hourly position
- Salary range: $16-$20/hour (commensurate with skills and experience).
- Paid time off including vacation/sick time
- 14-20 hours weekly during normal business hours (M-F 10am-6pm) with some flexibility in scheduling
- A college degree, or equivalent experience, and familiarity with arts administration or non-profit accounting
- Experience with accounting software, ideally QuickBooks
- Must be computer literate and comfortable with numbers
- Should enjoy a creative and collaborative working environment, familiarity with TimeLine’s programming is a plus
Our ideal Bookkeeper will:
- Be a highly motivated self-starter and quick learner
- Maintain discretion
- Be committed to contributing to TimeLine’s efforts to create a more equitable and inclusive work environment
- Be able to stay focused in a busy work environment
- Be able to manage multiple deadlines with daily and weekly duties
- Be a skillful collaborator and team player
It is an essential practice of TimeLine Theatre Company to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, based upon personal capabilities and qualifications and without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, citizenship, disability, military status, creed, or any other trait or characteristic protected by law. TimeLine Theatre Company is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to policies and procedures relating to all terms and conditions of employment at TimeLine Theatre.
Please email resume, a brief cover letter and references addressed to the attention of Dan McArdle, General Manager, at HR@timelinetheatre.com with the subject line “Bookkeeper Application.” Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, July 10 at midnight.
No phone calls, please.