TimeLine is working to make performances accessible to all patrons.
We currently offer the following services:
Our theatre on Wellington Avenue features two wheelchair lifts that make the theatre space accessible to wheelchair users and visitors who need to avoid stairs.
Once you enter through TimeLine’s main entrance, a wheelchair lift located to the left of the main staircase provides access to both TimeLine’s Box Office level on the second floor and restrooms located on the lower level. A second wheelchair lift from the Box Office level provides access to the performance space.
Assistive Listening Devices
TimeLine offers RF assistive listening devices for those who request them. Ask the Box Office when you arrive for the performance and provide an ID to check out a listening device. NOTE: Listening devices are only available for shows at TimeLine’s Wellington location.
Open captioning is a text display of words and sounds heard during an event. The display is positioned in such a way that it is open for anyone to see in a particular seating area.
Open captioning is a service primarily provided for people with hearing disabilities who use assistive listening devices, hearing aids, cochlear implants, sign language and lip reading. It is a service you may choose to use or ignore during the performance.
Open Captioning performance schedule for the 2019-2020 season:
- Oslo — Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 7:30pm*
- Oslo — Friday, September 27, 2019 at 7:30pm*
- Rutherford and Son — Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 4pm
- Rutherford and Son — Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 7:30pm
- Kill Move Paradise — Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 4pm
- Kill Move Paradise — Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 7:30pm
- Relentless — Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 4pm
- Relentless — Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:30pm
TimeLine is delighted to partner with c2 Inc. to provide open captioned performances of our shows. c2 (caption coalition) inc. is the pioneer of captioning in the live arena for people who are hard of hearing and deaf. To date, c2 members are collectively responsible for captioning over 800 theatrical productions in more than 180 venues.
*Please Note: These performances are not captioned by c2 Inc. For more information about Open Captioning at Oslo and the Broadway Playhouse, please visit Broadway In Chicago’s Accessible Information page.
Accessible Seating for Performances
Although seating for performances is general admission, accessible seats may be requested for patrons who need specific seating due to disability. If you require accessible seating, please let us know when you place your reservation how we may assist you in finding the best seats to fit your needs. Also, if you will be attending with a service animal, please let us know in advance so we can make sure you and your service animal have the best experience possible.
If you prefer to order your tickets online, you may request special reserved seat locations based on your preferences by providing these codes in the order comment box:
- TRANSFER: Use this code if you wish to transfer to a seat from a walker, wheelchair, or scooter. Our staff will be on hand to then store your mobility device in a secure location.
- REMOVAL: Use this code of you require a location where a seat can be removed for you to stay in your wheelchair or scooter while you watch the performance.
- NOSTAIRS: Use this code if you require a location where there are no stairs between you and your seats.
NOTE: There are a limited number of accessible seats per performance and we cannot guarantee that larger parties will be seated in the same row.
IMPORTANT: Reserved accessible seating will be released to other patrons if not claimed by 10 minutes prior to curtain.
Restrooms are located on the lower level and include one fully accessible restroom facility.
TimeLine is also proud to offer:
- A large print program for each production, available for check-out at the Box Office
- An audio tour of our lobby displays available on our mobile phone app
- Phones and headphones with which to enjoy the audio tour of the lobby displays
- Print-outs of the text of our lobby displays, available for check-out at the Box Office
- Captioning on all of our video content
- Armless theatre chairs for patron comfort, available by request
If you know of any services that you believe would make our theatre more accessible, please get in contact with the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.