Frequently Asked Questions
“[TimeLine] is known for taking care of its patrons. It is a theater that audiences trust.” – Chicago Tribune
Find answers to some of our most Frequently Asked Questions:
- When is your Box Office open?
- What are your prices?
- How do I select my seats?
- Will I receive confirmation of my purchase?
- Will my tickets be mailed to me? Do I need to print or bring anything with me?
- When can I check-in at the theatre?
- Is there late seating?
- What is the running time of the show? Is there an intermission?
- Is it possible to request an accessible seat?
- Do you have Assisted Listening Devices?
- What if my preferred performance is sold-out? Do you have a waiting list?
- Can I exchange my tickets to a different performance?
- Can I get a refund?
- Can I purchase tickets or FlexPass Subscriptions as a gift?
TimeLine’s Box Office hours are:
- Monday — CLOSED
- Tuesday — 12 pm – 5 pm
- Wednesday — 12 pm – 5 pm (7:30 pm on performance dates)
- Thursday — 12 pm – 5 pm (7:30 pm on performance dates)
- Friday — 12 pm – 5 pm (7:30 pm on performance dates)
- Saturday — 12 pm – 7:30 pm (performance dates only)
- Sunday — 12 pm – 2:30 pm (performance dates only)
PLEASE NOTE: These hours are subject to change. If Box Office staff are not able to answer your call, we will be checking voicemail and email and responding at our next opportunity. If we miss your call, please leave a detailed message so that we may best assist you.
Regular prices are:
- Weekday (Wednesday – Friday) tickets: $42
- Saturday evening tickets: $49
- Saturday & Sunday matinee tickets: $57
- Preview tickets: $25
PLEASE NOTE: Additional ticketing system fees apply for online and credit card purchases.
For information about discount ticket options, please visit our Groups & Discounts page.
We are a general admission theatre, so seating is first-come, first-served. The theatre opens for seating approximately 30 minutes before curtain time.
If you provide us with your email address during your order, we will send you a confirmation with the details of your order at the time of purchase. We will also send you an email reminder the week of your scheduled performance with more information about the running time, parking, dining options and more. (NOTE: You will not receive our email reminder if you have opted out of TimeLine’s promotional emails.)
We are a ticket-less theater, so your reservation will be held at the door. No need to bring anything with you—just check-in with your name at the Box Office.
The Box Office opens for check-in starting one hour prior to the performance.
Due to the intimate configuration of our space, we cannot accommodate late seating. We encourage all ticket holders to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to curtain time.
Running times and intermissions vary per production. Please call our Box Office or visit a specific production’s page for more information.
We are happy to accommodate requests for accessible seating. For more information about accessibility at TimeLine, please visit our Accessibility page.
We do! For more information, please visit our Accessibility page.
If a performance you’d like to attend has sold out, we encourage you to keep checking in with us! Seats may become available due to exchanges and/or cancellations.
Also, starting one hour prior to a sold-out performance, the Box Office will begin a wait list. At curtain time, in the event of last-minute cancellations or no-shows, and at the discretion of the Box Office Associate and House Manager, seats may be released and sold to those on the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis, with one exception: TimeLine subscribers on the wait list will receive priority. We will not take wait list names over the phone; you must arrive in person to sign up. We cannot guarantee that seats will become available, but we will do our best to accommodate you.
Single tickets may be exchanged to another performance of the same production for a $5 fee per ticket, if requested at least 24 hours prior to the originally ticketed performance. Exchanges are subject to availability, and may incur additional charges if you are exchanging into a more expensive performance. TimeLine’s FlexPass Subscribers enjoy at least two free exchanges per production.
All sales are final. We do not offer refunds.
We’d love for you to share TimeLine with loved ones! Gift Certificates and Gift Subscriptions are perfect for any occasion or celebration and may be purchased in person at our Box Office or via phone at (773) 281-8463 x6.