Box Office Associate (Part-Time)
TimeLine Theatre Company is seeking customer service-oriented candidates for the part-time position (10-20) hours/week) of Box Office Associate for the 2017-18 Season. Evening and weekend availability is an absolute must for any candidate.
- Maintain regular box office hours to process phone, mail, internet, and walk-up ticket orders, including single ticket sales, subscription sales and reservations and exchanges.
- Sell concessions and merchandise during pre-show and intermission.
- Prepare appropriate box office reports, concessions sales reports and deposits at conclusion of each performance, reconciling any open issues and communicating any specific challenges.
- Listen to patron issues and/or concerns and resolve them in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Be knowledgeable about the company, our mission, current productions, current season, and upcoming events and work to advance the strategic marketing goals of the theatre.
- Maintain a working knowledge of our ticketing system, single ticket and subscription pricing structures, and discounts.
- Establish a strong working knowledge of ADA guidelines in support of TimeLine’s Accessibility goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, in particular Wednesdays – Sundays, including some holidays.
- Prior experience performing high volume customer service-related work.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, assume responsibility, and take initiative using good judgment and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in all situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate issues or problems to management.
- Ability to be punctual for the assigned shifts.
- Experience with cash management.
- Must be computer proficient, especially with a PC, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive.
- Experience with a database or a ticketing system (specifically Microsoft Access, PatronManager, or Vendini) is a plus.
- Experience working with an arts organization is a plus.
The ideal candidate would be able to commit to the remainder of the 2017-18 Season, which has already begun and runs through July 1, 2018. This is a great position for a person interested in obtaining a foundation in arts management at an award-winning theatre while supporting the theatre’s goal of being one of the best customer experiences in Chicago theatre.
Training can begin as soon as possible, but no later than the week of October 16, 2017. This position reports to the Audience Services Manager and the Front of House Manager.
TimeLine staff members share the core values of the company:
- COLLABORATIVE: Valuing teamwork as a creative force
- EXCEPTIONAL: Demanding excellence and innovation in everything we do
- FISCALLY RESPONSIBLE: Managing resources effectively and appropriately
- INCLUSIVE: Embracing diversity in all its forms
- INTIMATE: Creating a close connection between art and audience
- RESPECTFUL: Listening and being open to everyone’s perspective
TimeLine Theatre Company is dedicated to presenting stories inspired by history that connect with today’s social and political issues. A not-for-profit theatre company located in Lakeview, TimeLine has produced more than 70 plays, including nine world premieres and 31 Chicago premieres. TimeLine’s work has received consistent audience and critical acclaim. We have been honored with 53 Jeff Awards, including an award for Outstanding Production 11 times, and the company received the prestigious 2016 MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions. Now celebrating its 21st season, TimeLine has emerged as a leader in the Chicago theatre community, distinguished by its unique mission to explore history, and built on its reputation for artistic excellence and sophisticated business management. The company strives to embody its vision and values, which includes a commitment to inclusion and embracing diversity in all its forms. TimeLine produces four productions per season, a play reading series, and its Living History Education Program.
Compensation: $11.00 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible.
TimeLine Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume by 5:00pm on Friday, February 2, 2018 to email@example.com.
Please put in the subject line of your email, “Box Office Associate Position.” NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.