Our Plans. Your Investment.
Return to TODAY, TOMORROW, TOGETHER …
As the pandemic crisis began in March, TimeLine acted to care for our artists and employees and adjust our operations to meet the challenge ahead.
During the first three months of the crisis, we:
- Maintained our entire full- and part-time staff and fulfilled existing artist contracts
- Completed our run of Kill Move Paradise through 3 weeks of online viewing
- Replaced canceled production of Relentless with online revival of To Master the Art
- Launched a new cohort of TimeLine’s Playwrights Collective, comprising four artists now in residence until January 2022
To prepare for our 2020-21 season, we:
- Undertook a comprehensive process and developed a one-year Strategic Plan to guide decision-making throughout the year
- Set a goal of maintaining TimeLine’s fiscal health and ensuring we have cash reserves that allow us to continue to weather uncertain times ahead
- Resolved to continue our project to develop property at 5035 N. Broadway as TimeLine’s future new home
- Developed a reduced annual operating budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1 that anticipated significant loss of earned revenue and instituted a 19% reduction in permanent-full-time staff salary costs over the course of the year
As we continue to navigate this historic year, our Today, Tomorrow, Together fundraising effort allows you to invest in the areas that will ensure TimeLine’s long-term success:
- Maintain the staff positions needed to fulfill our Strategic Plan
- Ensure no reduction in fees to artists when they return to work
- Accelerate the development and implementation of anti-racism policies and practices across the organization
- Produce thought-provoking content that speak to the moment, such as recent online programs celebrating postponed productions of Relentless and Campaigns, Inc.
- Offer TimeLine South at no cost to CPS students
- Support our Living History Education Program as it re-engages with CPS students who are learning remotely
PROMOTING SAFETY AND WELLNESS
- Prepare for the safe re-opening of our building for audiences, artists, and staff once we are able to produce again
- Prepare to provide options for at-home online viewing of productions for those who don’t yet feel comfortable returning to a theatre
MANAGING FINANCES WISELY
- Maintain TimeLine’s fiscal health and ensure we have cash reserves that allow us to continue to weather uncertain times
- Design and fundraise for our first permanent home, which is critical to sustaining our operations into the future
- Understand the moment and pivot as needed—within a changing landscape, we may need to adjust in response
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
TimeLine has taken steps to survive the times ahead, but with the support of our community, we are positioned to thrive. What you do today will be felt tomorrow and long after this pandemic. With your help, we will get there together.
There’s never been a more meaningful time to give! All increased or new donations made before December 31, 2020 will be matched up to $200,000 by an anonymous donor.
TimeLine Theatre is a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. TimeLine’s Federal ID # is 36-4197407.